May 21, 2012

My mother taught me how to cook (part II)

These were pretty good.  I then took them to the branch potluck on Sunday, everyone was terribly confused.  They all called it a treat on sight, took one and tried it and were terribly confused.  I make them with sourdough starter, and had to wait a couple days for the dough to rise (the humidity made it turn into mush).  The extra time means extra sour bread, and that's not what treats are meant to be, even if I gave them honey to put in them.  Everyone was really confused how I made them sour, so I had to explain.  Elder Hess seemed to love them, as he kept on going and eating more.  I wish we had an oven, because I would have had some really good sourdough bread.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment