April 19, 2013

Mission Policy Change


Hello everyone.  First off, I will announce the a change in mission policy, as sent out to all general authorities and mission presidents.  "Missionaries are to write to their families each week and are also authorized to communicate by email with friends, priesthood leaders, and new converts." The world is always changing.  Technology is quickly changing the world in which we live. I would like the bishop's email, I would love to write him, I just haven't had time to write letters.

The changes in the missionary work are really astounding.  The changes with sisters are interesting, expecially with the views of the world and of God.  As far as everythign stays in the way God has ordered, there will only be an increase of blessings.  However, once people apply worldly values to such changes, there will be problems.  Nothing that can't be looked after.  I expect it to be a blessing for everyone.  The modern world presents many challenges with the huge amount of competing ideals and pressures on our lives.  But it also enables us to have great blessings.  Used right it is a miracle.

This week has presented some rather unique experiences.  We have felt the powers of the adversary raging in a astonishing way.  We have also felt the great power and the victory of God over darkness.  Everything is fine, although plans have really been messed up.  I've learned a lot from it.  Yet another thing that the fullness will wait for a later date.

I hope everything is doing well at home.  I'll be praying for Grandma for sure. 

I do believe this is the shortest email home I have ever sent.  Just know that I love you all, and that I am having a marvelous time out here.  God lives and loves us.  In heaven he presented his wonderful plan, and everything has been progressing ever since. We have great priveledges and promises from him as we prepare for the things that are to come.  He has such great blessings in store for all of us, if we will but be faithful to the things that he has given us.

Elder Robert Buss

No comments:

Post a Comment